Thursday, September 16, 2010

Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad

This is a little hard because I don't listen to music dependant on how I feel, I listen to music depending on what I am doing - radio in the car and at work or my ipod when running, if I'm going to be out by myself for a bit not in the car (so like if I was going to walk into town and go shopping), on planes (or trains etc if on holiday).


The only ones I choose what to listen to are when running.  Then I prefer SMAP because while they are totally cheesy, their songs have a great beat for running and Queen ("I was born to love you" and "Don't stop me now") and body step/RPM songs.


So, because I dont really listen to anything on purpose, here are ten random songs from my ipod:


Paradise City - Guns N' Roses - coz although I'd never be a bogan, I'm from the Hutt...

Spice Up Your Life - Spice Girls - I was 18 in '97...

Let's Get Loud - Jennifer Lopez  -a body step song

Billy Don't Be a Hero - Paper Lace - I drove from Sydney to Thredbo with my aunty once - we listened the the Priscilla Queen of the Desert tape (it was '96) a million times on the way and back

I'm in the Mood for Dancing - The Nolans - when I lived in Osaka my friend Amy and I ALWAYS used to do this first at karaoke.  I'd never even heard it before I met her!

Only I Could Die (and love you still) - The Exponents - coz they're from NZ and are great!

The World I Know - Collective Soul - my second ever concert.  All the guys were handing out picks after each song.  Except for one. The one who fought through the girls with bad perms to give his to me.

君色思い  by SMAP - it's SMAP!!!!!

Poi E - Patea Maori Club - we lived in New Plymouth for a bit when I was little.  Loved seeing that canoe on the way!


Meet Me Halfway - Black Eyed Peas - how could you not love it?

A little off topic but I love this song - it's from the final credits of my favourite J-drama "Good Luck" - Kimutaku and airplanes - what could be better?!?!




 A couple of SMAP songs:






A very funny SMAP parody I just found.  It only makes sense if you know SMAP though sorry! Wait until 世界に一つだけの花 at 48 seconds - they get Goro's hair tossing, Nakai's rubbish voice, Tsuyoshi's eyes and Kimutaku's wink and voice spot on! Great stuff!

3 comments:

  1. I love SMAPS's 世界に一つだけの花! it's such a nice song. love the beautiful lyrics too. it makes me think of how i should have my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I think Japanese lyrics are often much deeper in their meaning than English ones too. I never get tired of listening to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. During summer, Thredbo attracts serious mountain bike racers from all over the world. But when it is winter time and the mountain is covered with snow, it has the got the longest ski runs in Australia, where the whole family can have fun together. There are lots of Thredbo accommodation the village offers, and it is up to you what place and amenities suit you and your group best.

    ReplyDelete