Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 12- How you found out about Blogger and why you made one

How I found out about blogspot is also how I got on twitter - BENTO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my first bento in 1995 at Mitsukoshi in Ginza (the big original one).  It was Hello Kitty and I think is 250mls. 

This is it, with my first bento.  Not really sure if it is my first bento because I remember taking rice to school in this box and surely I must have had it with something! But it was my first bento when I started making them last year.


I started posting my bento photos on facebook, but the ladies I was getting inspiration from (see the blogs I follow for them) had blogs and I could see the benefit in actually blogging about bento rather than facebooking them.  I like being able to look back and see how I've improved from that one above, and I like how you can follow other blogs in your blogger list and get ideas from them.  I've also made some great bento friends this year which has extended to other food bloggers and even friends of bento bloggers.

I tried wordpress first but it was a bit harder to get started  so after about two or three hours of trying, I started this blog.  This has been quite a busy year at work so I haven't been able to make as many bentos as I'd like, so it started turning into a blog for me to blog about stuff in general.  I haven't given up on bentoing though!

Bentoing is also how I got onto twitter because it was a great way to see the blog links that everyone was posting and pics.

Another thing I love about blogging is being able to see how people get to my blog and where they are - I've had visits from every continent except Antarctica.  I've had some very weird google searches referring people too!

Where are you from and how did you find my blog?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nichola, I'm from the UK and I found your blog through google blog search.
    I make bento lunches and have my own bento blog too.
    Currently not making bento due to starting a new job but I hope to back on bento in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! Thanks for commenting - I just found your site (and now following you) - your bentos are great!!!

    ReplyDelete