Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 17- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why

Hmm.  This 30 days thing is hard when you don't just have to stick up a photo! This is also a bit hard because I really like my life.  Of course things there are I'd like, like a bigger house or more time, but in general I'm really happy with how things are at the moment so I've never really thought about wanting to have a different life. 

I guess if I had to switch lives with someone though, I would go back in time and switch with some of my grandparents, great grandparents or further back. 

When I lived in London I went to Northern Ireland and Scotland to see where my Mum's parents were from.  It was so weird going to places knowing they had been there and I was walking in the exact same places, but so many years later.  I'd love to be able to go back in time and switch lives with any of them to really see what it was like and to understand more about where my family came from. 

I'd like to do the same thing with my Dad's side of the family too - what I know about them all seems so interesting and varied.  My grandma's Dad was sent to NZ from Yugoslavia with his cousin when he was only 16 because his uncle could see there was going to end up being a war.  I just can't imagine how hard that would be! 

Not really sure if I'd want to swap for a day, but if I had to do a different job I'd want to be either a make up artist or a flight attendant.

No comments:

Post a Comment