Monday, November 15, 2010

Amazing yum muffins and kind of bento

I wasn't going to blog this because I didn't think these would be that great, but they were so yum that I've decided cupcakes are so 2009 and muffins are the new cupcakes (plus they take so much less time).

Tonight I made orange chocolate chip muffins.  I used this recipe but changed it slightly.  I didn't add the poppy seeds and I used plain flour with two and a half teaspoons of baking powder instead of the self raising flour.  The recipe is for two and a half cups of flour so I used 1 3/4 of white and 3/4 of wholemeal flour.  I used probably just over half a big packet of Whittaker's orange chocolate and chopped it up and added it in too.  I didn't dust with icing sugar.

Just out of the oven finished product!


This is how many the recipe made.

 

Not quite a bento, but this is as close as I have gotten lately - Andrew's lunch - left overs from dinner and gyoza with gyoza no tare in the little bottle (yay Y100 shop!).  I put an elephant pick in his yoghurt and strawberries but then thought better and took it out...

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, aren't you lovely Nichola :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!! Thanks! Yeah, figured he deserved something nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the taste of chocolate and orange together. For some reason those two flavors together always remind me of Christmas. A must try muffin recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marisa!! You're back on line!! I only had a bite last night - had one before for dessert and it was great - now I can't wait for Christmas that you've said that!

    ReplyDelete