Monday, November 22, 2010

Toast and muffins

This weekend I went to Toast Martinborough.  We've stayed in the same house for three years now which makes getting there and getting home much easier! Once again this year we saw no pluto pups :(

Vanessa made us vodka jellies for the Saturday but they didn't all survive the trip over the Rimutakas.







But we drank them anyway...


It rained so much that we had to put a tarp over our umbrellas.









At Te Kairanga


DJ outside Alana Estate



Best ever toilets!



The bracelets I got for Sarah and me.















I had today (Monday) off work because of Toast so I made apple and cinnamon muffins this afternoon.  This is the recipe I used, which has been adapted from this.  I only used two apples but I think there's enough (I just had a little bite of one, but it tasted fine).

Using the apple sauce halved the amount of oil I needed which is really good! I worked out that they are 10.4 Weight Watchers ProPoints - I'm guessing this rounds down to 10, but I'd count them as 11 since I sprinkled raw sugar on top.

This shows the apple sauce I used.


In the tin and the finished product!

















On the subject of ProPoints, anyone else doing them? Apart from losing count on Saturday night (after the jelly shots...) and yesterday, it's been pretty successful.  I'm loving fruit being points free - if anything it's great to have one less thing to count! One thing I used to do on the other points system was get to a certain number of points and think I should still be hungry.  Now that so many things are different I haven't had that at all!

I'm away next weekend so hoping I can get through with the extra 49 weekly points and not go over!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nichola,

    I could have sworn I commented on these already, because I know I've seen this post before. hmmmm?

    Anyway, I think your muffins turned out great! Thanks for linking back to my blog as well as Christy's.

    As far as your other muffins falling apart, perhaps a muffin liner would help contain them. And maybe letting them cool enough before removing them from the pan would help. Good luck and happy holidays to you!

    ~MOnica H

    ReplyDelete