Monday, December 6, 2010

Chocolate chip, blueberry and white chocolate muffins

I split the muffin mix tonight and made two types - one lot of dark chocolate and dark orange chocolate, and the other with blueberry and white chocolate.  Word on the street from the "hot out of the oven" test (actually the "they started breaking up as I took them out of the tray" test) is that the blueberry ones are the best. 

They cooked at different times - I guess because the frozen blueberries made those ones more wet or whatever.  Recipe is the same as the apple ones.

I was worried they were burning so put baking paper over the top.


Fresh out of the oven!


Agh! It fell apart so had to be eaten right away!


This one also started falling apart so I had to eat some of it. 


I put them back in the oven for a few minutes in the hope that might firm them up and now have them on the bench.  Am hoping they won't break up as I take them out otherwise I guess they will all need to be eaten with a spoon!

Anyone have any ideas to stop them breaking up?

In other news I bought a whole lot of plants from Kaye at Grow from Here at the top of Cuba Street yesterday - a lemon tree, tomatoes, melons, swan plant and maybe something else.  Next weekend Andrew is going to help me build a planter box thing for it so will blog that because it's probably the closest to a bento I've made in ages!

2 comments:

  1. Did you use flour to cover the the frozen blueberries? I always do that I think it helps. Flavia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Nope, I didn't think to do that, that's such a good idea - will def try that next time, thank you!! Do you have a recipe you use? The ones on here are the only ones I've ever made so not really sure what to do.

    ReplyDelete