Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our 50s wedding

 It's just over a week since our 50s wedding.  We were so lucky that Andrew's sister in law Jo took the photos and they are amazing! Coincidentally, I always thought she wouldn't become my sister in law when we got married, but I wasn't sure if there was any term.  According to wikipedia and google she is my co-sister in law.  Never heard of that before!

You can click into the photos if you want to see a larger size. 
It's official!! If you look closely you can see the 32 metres of tulle in my underskirt!





The cake from the Chocolate Cake Company. V yum.



My special request - Japanese egg and mayo sandwiches, just like from the convenience store in Japan. The caterer even made them sealed around the edges like in Japan!!


The invites and dress started off the 50s theme (I always swore we weren't having a theme!).  The cups were had the same polka dots as the invites.


And stripy straws


The caterer is one of my clients and is awesome - she copied our invites for the food label cards!


Andrew made the wishing well!


Everyone outside the Church. Except for Jo because she was taking the pic!

Flowers for the tables


Mr and Mrs Oakenfull!



In the entrance of the Parliamentary Library




This one makes me think of Mission Impossible! Going up the steps of Parliament Buildings.

More tulle in this one!

Bridal party - Sarah, Andrew, me, Rodger.  Their ties are short because Andrew's Dad tied them on himself.



Not sure what Andrew's doing here! Outside the Cathedral.

Love how happy he looks here!

Inside the hall

Walking down the aisle trying really hard not to cry (I did my make up and Sarah's so it wasn't the end of the world to re-do it after but I had visions of having mascara down my face for the ceremony!).

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am in love with your dress... and your husband's Star Wars belt buckle. ^_^ Everything looks just perfect. I'm wishing you a wonderful life together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo cool! You had the same spot for your wedding photos - as me and Gregg! thats kinda special aye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love your dress too - so pretty and stylish. So much tulle! :-o Looks like a lovely celebration, very special.

    ReplyDelete